At Optimus Education Foundation, there are plenty of opportunities to get involved. Being a relatively young organisation there are specific ways in which help is most needed. Read on and find a way of helping impoverished people and communities around the world which most suits you.
- join our discussion forum and share your ideas on a wide range of socio-economic issues facing your local community and country
- become a volunteer for your professional development and personal satisfaction. If you want to use your skills or develop new ones, then OPEF may have a role that matches your needs perfectly
- organise a fundraising event to raise money for our projects
- tell us how you might want to get involved
- make a donation in cash or kind to support one of our projects.Donate used classroom furniture, used computers to help transform the lives of less fortunate children and their communities.
Fundraising – Why Fundraise ?
Take a look at our video gallery to see why. Your money makes a real impact because OPEF channels it directly to where it’s needed. OPEF is all about partnership.
- £15 is enough to pay for school fees, uniform and exercise books for a child for the whole academic year
- £40 will pay the salary per month for a PTA employed computer science or IT technician in a secondary school in a socially deprived area
- £250 will provide good toilet facilities in a school thereby providing students and staff with good sanitation conditions especially girls who have no privacy at the moment
- £1000 will pay for a roof in a school so that students can attend during the rainy season and have a proper classroom floor which will prevent students becoming ill due to the dry dust
- £6000 will provide a secure room with 15 networked refurbished computer systems and pay for a technician to look after the computer laboratory for an academic year