At Optimus Education Foundation, there are plenty of opportunities to get involved. Being a relatively young organisation there are specific ways in which help is most needed. Read on and find a way of helping impoverished people and communities around the world which most suits you.
- join our discussion forum and share your ideas on a wide range of socio-economic issues facing your local community and country
- become a volunteer for your professional development and personal satisfaction. If you want to use your skills or develop new ones, then OPEF may have a role that matches your needs perfectly
- organise a fundraising event to raise money for our projects
- tell us how you might want to get involved
- make a donation in cash or kind to support one of our projects.Donate used classroom furniture, used computers to help transform the lives of less fortunate children and their communities.
Why Fundraise ?
Take a look at our video gallery to see why. Your money makes a real impact because OPEF channels it directly to where it’s needed. OPEF is all about partnership.
- £15 is enough to pay for school fees, uniform and exercise books for a child for the whole academic year
- £40 will pay the salary per month for a PTA employed computer science or IT technician in a secondary school in a socially deprived area
- £250 will provide good toilet facilities in a school thereby providing students and staff with good sanitation conditions especially girls who have no privacy at the moment
- £1000 will pay for a roof in a school so that students can attend during the rainy season and have a proper classroom floor which will prevent students becoming ill due to the dry dust
- £6000 will provide a secure room with 15 networked refurbished computer systems and pay for a technician to look after the computer laboratory for an academic year
When you add them all up, every single penny makes a difference in transforming local schools and poor communities.
We work closely with local schools, communities and organisations all around Africa . No one understands better the issues that affect their communities than the local people themselves, and no one is better placed to address them. We don’t give to governments, and we don’t fund individuals. It goes directly to the people who need it.
Our long term vision can never become a reality without considering all issues in a logical and well thought through way. That is why we have created short term goals which you can help fulfil.